Monday, September 26, 2016

Design floor Monday....

Results from Sunday sewing! I decided that since I got some working hours in Sunday morning, the kids were at Grandma's and the kitchen got a little cleaning and organizing my reward was to sew for a few hours.

I had left out my grandmothers choice blocks on the floor from last weekend..... but some 4 legged animals decided to have a party and this is what I was looking at on Sunday morning.


By the end of the day it is in three sections and looking like this....

Adding the maroon and red squares to the dresden plates was next up. I still have 6 of these left to finish off (4 are on their background waiting for the squares, 2 need middles, backgrounds and squares) but here is a shot of the blocks I have done. These are coming out at 16 inches.

I also have been making selected blocks for a row by row quilt over at the RSC Challenge. I had not sewn a few month's blocks into their rows but had made the blocks, so between projects I got these 4 rows sewn together.

Progress is a good thing. Not sure that quilt will be finished by the end of the month but it should get to a top stage by then.




5 comments:

  1. You're being productive and finishing tops. Great job! Slowly buy surely we'll get the UFO's finished up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will be sewing my Grandmother's blocks together this week too... it was inspiring to see your top coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how your animals want to contribute to the final, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love how your animals want to contribute to the final, lol! :)

    ReplyDelete

I love to read your comments. Yahoo is currently having some issues with telling other servers to reject messages due to the third party server that sends the comments to e-mail. I'll try to respond to all messages but I may miss some as they are not all being sent to my e-mail. Hopefully this issue will be resolved soon.