Saturday, October 8, 2016

RSC Saturday... the calm after the storm

All safe and sound here on the west central side of Florida. A beautiful sunny day with temps in the 80's. We were very lucky and just had a little rain and 21 mph winds where I live.
I hand stitched the yellow dresden plate down last night so I would have something to post today! I should be able to pull out some yellow strips and cut my 28 squares to go around the outside of this one later today. This is the pumpkin craft Emily and I made yesterday. We also tried the Monster Cookies from Jo's Country Junction. They are pretty darn good! I added the link to my recipes page.

 


Emily has bowling this morning. Scouts was cancelled for Aidan so he will head over to Grandmas this morning for his sleepover. A trip over to Papa's house to help with any stick clean up in the afternoon (Aidan gets to help Grandma with hers) and I should have a little time to play in the sewing room this afternoon. Emily wants to make a doll quilt and has picked out 2 fabrics for it.

Head on over to the RSC Challenge and see what other colors are being played with this week.

14 comments:

LA Paylor said...

so glad you are safe. The aerial shots looked like the hurricane covered the state! The dresden is so pretty and don't you love hand work?? LeeAnna

Kate said...

Glad you didn't have it too bad with this storm. Love your sunny Dresden Plate!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Whew glad that you are all ok :)

Pretty Dresden!

Cathy said...

So glad that everyone is safe in your area! Your Dresden is lovely, as always!!

make.share.give said...

Very sunshiny Dresden :) Glad you made it through Matthew ok!

Sheila said...

I'm soooooo happy to hear that you are okay. I was very worried about all my Florida friends after hearing the weather warnings. Afraid Florida was going to be blown and washed away! That you are okay is the best news I've read all day.
By the way, love your yellow Dresden block.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Glad to know you and your home made it through the storm. Your Dresden is so pretty! And thanks for the link to the cookie recipe, too. Those look and sound delicious!

Quilter Kathy said...

Such cute pumpkins!

PaulaB quilts said...

Thank God that you are all safe and just picking up sticks today. The Dresden was a nice thing to keep you busy during the storm and now is sunshine yellow, the best color of all today.

claudia said...

I am happy to hear that you didn't get any bad part of that storm! I have been thinking about everyone on the eastern side hoping that everybody is okay! I love your Dresden Plate Block! It's a nice ray of sunshine!

Julierose said...

Was happy to see your title and that you came through with no ill effects...I really like your sunny dresden plate--so bright and cheery...hugs, Julierose

Deb A said...

Thank you!

Karen said...

I am glad to hear you are safe. Very bright sunny Dresdan plate. The pumpkin is adorable. Enjoy your sewing time.

Nann said...

Nice to have the sunshiny yellow Dresden block after the stormy weekend!