Thursday, November 3, 2016

Computer issues....

Well, I did an update on my computer late Sunday night.... and have been down since! It appears my Mac did not finish the install well and I could not get anything to work. Handy to have a hubby who understands computers (heck, I can just program the little buggers!). He got the last part working for me last night. Part of the issue... I needed more room to load a new version of the operating system. Yup - lots of pictures looked at and moved off to a storage area. I seem to take lots of pictures in progress  and never delete them! It was a nice trip down memory lane going through photo's. I found these two from this summer - can't wait to see Mom and Dad in person later this month!
Mom and me summer 2016

Dad summer 2016

I am nearly done with the hand quilting on my fireworks quilt. I snapped a picture of my quilt at the end of practice.... nearly connected to the starting point! That was the last corner to turn. The next decision will be binding in blue, red or white? I'm leaning toward red if I can find one in the stash I like. I'm thinking polka dots... just don't know if I have enough of the one I am thinking of. Hmmm there is a Joann's near the bowling alley... and next to the store tomorrow =). I seem to have found a gift card laying around with some $ still on it that might be put to use.

Sunset at soccer practice 11/1/16


We did a little pumpkin carving on Monday night - after dentist appointments (no cavities!). 


Tuesday was soccer practice and Wednesday was early release at school. I'm happy to say the living room is completely cleaned (don't ask about the rest of the house!) . The kids rooms got picked up and the kids went bowling. Emily needed to prebowl since I can't be in 2 places at once on Saturday  morning. We will do boy scouts with Aidan this week. We did bowling with Emily last week.  After that we splurged and went to Applebees for an early birthday dinner for me. I'm headed off to the bowling alley for my league this morning with the ladies. Hmmm do I take the hand quilting, applique or pieces to make some stars? So nice to have options.







2 comments:

Summer said...

Love the photos! Sorry about the computer issues ♥

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a busy week! Looking forward to seeing what's happening with your RSC quilting. Happy weekend!!