I had pulled a kit from the bin (over 8 years old...) in January and got the 12 blocks created. This month I got the top finished and quilted and bound. It finished at 43x33. A completed quilt. Check!
I also pulled out my RSC 2015 sampler quilt. This one made progress as well although not as much as I would have liked. (darn flu bug this weekend!) But... the border parts were all created and one pesky block oops was fixed. I will be sewing these into 3 sections to machine quilt the parts in March in hopes that it will be a finished quilt by the end of March. I can dream =) This picture is part of the quilt - there are two more columns and the border on the right missing. The patterns can be found at Angela's blog under the RSC 2015 tab.
It was teal this month in the RSC Challenge so I pulled out 12 teal/blue cats I had made a few years ago. They were sewn into a quilt top but..... I have always envisioned mice running around the border of the cats. So... I found a kids printable mouse and started making some appliqué mice this month. I see 3 on the top and bottom and 3 or 4 along each side. I'll continue working on these guys in hopes of getting my mice finished in March. Soccer practice starts tonight - so 1.5 hours of hand work time a week. I have 2 mice completed with the detail stitching, another 2 ready for detail stitching and one more half turned. Time to draw up a few more for back basting and needle turn applique.
My 1857 Album blocks are still in process and I have made a little headway from being 5 months behind on the blocks. Last months blocks got their corner peels added. No picture of that, sorry. But these are the ones that were worked on and completed this month. These are hand appliqué and will be 10 inch finished blocks. The patterns are from sentimental stitches.com
hand pieced trip around the world quilt top on there and start hand quilting it!
Linking up with the 17 UFO's in 2017. Head on over and see how everyone did this month.