Saturday, May 27, 2017

RSC in green.....

I took a break from tilling the very green weeds in the garden (going to try and plant watermelon, pumpkin, zucchini again - nothing from the last try and maybe cucumber) to get a little green sewing in.

Three 16 patch blocks got made.....



which led me to think I need to move some of the green out of the shelves and get them into a quilt.

Some of these (with solids and whatever else I find - maybe the blue and maroon plaid too?) might just get made into Bonnie Hunters Bricks and stepping stones. I made one before which my nephew has..... we will see where this one ends up!

Linking up to the RSC Challenge. Hopefully later today I can pin the last section of the 2015 RSC quilt so I can get it quilted tomorrow and attach it to the first two sections. I'd love to get this one completed by the end of the month!




It was the last week of school - the kids are officially 3rd and 4th grades now. They both got some awards this week at school - Aidan got all A honor roll, writing award and one from PE. Emily got E/S honor roll (A/B), one from PE and she got the high honor of the girl Golden Bear from her teacher. Her first time winning it and she was so proud!


Last night was my last cooking club (silly me signed up for another one starting next Friday!!!!)
We made breakfast for dinner - it was yummy! Recipes can be found on the Pampered Chef Website.
Berry Pancake Puff

Lemon Cherry Crumble Cake - we used raspberry jam last night but I hear we are making this tonight for dessert!

Ham 'N Eggs Brunch Braid


14 comments:

Quiltdivajulie said...

What time is dinner?

PaulaB quilts said...

You have two lovely children to be proud of. Nothing better,than that! Have a fun week!

Pamela Arbour said...

You have surely been busy. Like your green blocks. (and the food and the kids with their awards!)

Nell's Quilts said...

I really do have to put some of those 16 patches on my to do list. A great way to start some of those large scrap jar stars. Congrats to the youngsters for a successful school year. What fun trying new recipes with friends.

LA Paylor said...

you get so much done! Congrats on the awards... must feel like you share them with the kids!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Yay for your quilting - but that yummy food.... I want to come visit ;-) Looks great!

Jennifer said...

your stuff is all looking great! your RSC quilt will be lovely when done- and your 2 are the same grades as my 2 youngest- 3&4 grade!

make.share.give said...

Busy week! Those desserts look so yummy.

a good yarn said...

Kidlets grow up so fast! They'll be teenagers before you know it. All that delicious food is making me hungry. Are those 16 patch blocks made from 2.5in blocks?

Ray and Jeanne said...

Kuddos to the kids! I think I'm hungry now!!! ~Jeanne

Magpie Sue said...

Ah yes, the end of the school year. Congrats to the kiddos on their hard work and awards. Here's hoping you have better success with your veggies this season, and that you can finish that gorgeous starry top!

scraphappy said...

So many delicious recipes! Congrats on the end of another busy school year.

Cathy said...

Lot of yummy stuff...edible and not!
I grow pumpkins and zucchini every year but have never had luck with watermelon so don't even try anymore. Other vining crops we grow are cukes and different winter squashes. We usually try some fun vining crops like luffa for sponges or gourds This year we are growing ladle gourds. Good luck with your garden! so far so good for us.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great green blocks. I just love your almost finished Rainbow Scrap quilt!