Sunday, August 13, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching....

I hope to be getting a few stitches in here and there today. The house is mostly cleaned (ok, the dusting didn't happen but sweeping, mopping and vacuuming with a few loads of laundry has happened). I should... make up a few hours at work since I only got in about 12 out of 20 last week with no internet Monday and Wednesday was meet the teacher and get supplies and hair cuts...then one hour of working in the afternoon while very excited kids were too loud,  I called it a day. Sigh. Should get back to 'normal' this week.. but that means busy in the evenings.

We are dog sitting for my MIL - she will bring Buddy the horse... I mean dog with her when she returns the kids this afternoon. At least with Buddy the Boxer here tonight - Maxie cat won't come out to the living room so I should be able to work on the binding on the bricks and steppingstones quilt in green and browns. I got it pinned and machine quilted last Sunday but Maxie has been demanding to be on my lap and is too darn cute to move once I get a section done. See what I mean?


Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what the other slow stitchers are working on this week.

4 comments:

The Cozy Quilter said...

Your cat has taken ownership of the quilt. I hope you manage to get your binding done,

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

I was doing yardwork not too long ago ; had my quilt in hoop perched on a table behind the couch in the living room. Came in to find my cat seated right there in the middle. Sigh...off to find the lint remover thingy :)

a good yarn said...

I used to have miniature dachshunds and they liked to snuggle up under my knitting. Needless to say the odd stray dog hair found its way into the project.

CathieJ said...

Adorable kitty, though not very helpful. Enjoy your visitor and your stitching.