Friday, September 22, 2017

Orange blossoms....

I finally got a little orange sewing in and managed to find that missing white background for the blossom blocks. 5 of these babies got made in orange and I am just waiting on 5 more pink ones before I can start putting these together. I need to do some measurements and figure out if I want to frame it in a color of the setting triangles or not..... I guess it will depend on if I have enough of something in my stash. I know I do have enough of the white if needed. After 7 years of this challenge (or is it 8?) I finally figured a few things out I thought I'd share. I decided to reclaim a 12.5 inch storage box back in January when I had decided to make these blossom blocks. I wrote down some instructions on a piece of paper that I got from here - thanks Joanne for a great free pattern! I also noted how many of each color I needed on the back. I stored my green in here (moved to stash now as I cut ahead for the pink month) and stored my completed blocks in here. It made it easy each month to see what I needed for parts and how many in each color.  I have a paper in a storage bin on my BITA blocks too - just waiting on black and brown to come up in the rotation to finish off those blocks for a nice queen size scrappy quilt.


September 21 Greg and I celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary. We have not really celebrated per say, he had these pretty pink flowers delivered and I ordered his favorite meal  - Papa John's pizza for dinner! I know - we are pretty boring! Today is my FIL's 82nd birthday - we will be taking him out tomorrow to Texas Roadhouse to celebrate. I think we'll count that as our anniversary dinner too (I do love my prime rib!) I'll have the kids call and wish him a happy birthday after school today.


In the mean time I will be adding more of these bright orange to the trip quilt. One strand of thread does about 4 of the 2 inch squares. A nice, slow repetitive process adding these on. I am ready for the nice calming blue on the next round.... 3 bright colors in a row is my limit!



I'll be linking up tomorrow with the Rainbow Scrap Challenge. Greg will take the kids to bowling so I can work in the morning.... internet issues Monday didn't allow me to log into work so I'll make up those 5 hours tomorrow morning. Very grateful to work for a company that allows me such flexible time. Have a great weekend.

13 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Happy Anniversary! I think you guys are more normal than boring. 😊 Love the blossom blocks, especially the orange ones. ~Jeanne

canuckquilter said...

Happy Anniversary! We celebrate ours in pretty much the same way :) I look forward to seeing what you end up with for setting triangles for your blossoms quilt.

a good yarn said...

Beautiful blossoms - stitched and real. Happy Anniversary! TOTW looks so good.

scraphappy said...

Those orange blossoms are looking so good! You will jhave another's finish before you know it. Happy anniversary! Pizza is always fun, but prime rib sounds a little more anniversary special.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

Wonderful projects. I really like your orange blossom blocks. Happy anniversary!

Marly said...

What delightful flowers! They are really beautiful; I'm so glad you included the link to the pattern.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

The orange blossom blocks are so pretty! I like your method of organizing - thanks for the tip. Happy Anniversary - I think your husband did a great job with the flowers!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your progress in ORANGE. Your anniversary "celebration" sounds about like ours. (Of course, we HAVE been married for nearly 30 years!!) LOL

Angie said...

Congrats on your wedding anniversary - I hope there are many more to come! Great tip for storing RSC projects! And I love the green, yellow & orange rows in your Trip quilt!

Pamela Arbour said...

Good combination, pizza and roses! Congratulations. I didn't know that Texas Roadhouse had restaurants in Florida. Great place to go. I just wish they opened before 4:00.

Magpie Sue said...

Happy anniversary, and happy birthday to your FIL! I'd like to be so organized with my RSC in the future. ;-)

Jo said...

Happy anniversary and hope there's many more to come. I love those flower blocks. I was thinking of doing something similar... they are very fresh...

Ellen said...

I love those blossom blocks! I have been using storage boxes for all of my current projects as well - they work great to keep everything, including me, organized!