Saturday, September 23, 2017

Slow Sunday Stitching....

I brought my trip quilt to bowling with me on Thursday. One of the ladies made a comment that she remembers me working on that a couple of years ago! Hmmmm. I know I put it away for a while (a whole year from summer 2015-2016 with no working on it!)...... It made me wonder when I actually started this?

Lots of searching.... and turns out it was around December 11, 2014 and I am still blaming Carla! This of course is my 2 inch one that is pushed aside a lot when I get sidetracked with new hand work projects (midget appliqué blocks, then 1857 appliqué blocks)... then it comes out again. So far this month I have added 3.5 rounds and have the next round (#27) of blue all cut out - that is 108 squares to add. Each round add's 4 more squares to the count. I checked and it looks like Carla did 36 rounds and then the quarter square triangles to make it square. We will see how long this one stays out before I get sidetracked to do something 'new'!

Sophie likes to observe from the sidelines....

While Maxie likes the on top view. I believe she thinks this is hers!

I added one side of blue last night - it always amazes me how each row changes how this looks so drastically! I'm loving the blue. I wonder what purple Emily will select for the next row...

I have built up a nice callus on my left pointer finger (I don't use a thimble - I know I am a rebel!) so I should also pull out a chair and get working on quilting the 2.5 inch TATW quilt on the quilting frame. That started after this one.... and has made much more progress. Again... that one is all by hand too. I am still quilting on the first row of moss green, yellow and red. I started this one January 2015 and did one a month with the RSC Challenge.

Maybe I'll plan a good 30 minutes of hand quilting time on the TATW in the frame each day this week and then spend other time stitching some blue onto the ever growing trip quilt.

What will you be stitching today? Linking up with Kathy at Slow Sunday Stitching and Cynthia at Oh Scrap... since both of these  are definitely  scrappy quilts.

9 comments:

Deb said...

I love how bright and cheerful both of these quilts are, I have a quilt I have been working off and on for a few years too I call it my stand by piece I work on in between other projects.

The Cozy Quilter said...

Inch by inch, row by row....your quilt is growing!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You are making great progress ; nice that your friend remembered seeing it before ! :) Enjoy stitching on both today :)

Quilter Kathy said...

Just beautiful! I love seeing how this one changes with every new colour! Enjoy your stitching today!

scraphappy said...

The blue really does calm down your quilt top. Purple sounds perfect for the next row.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Every quilt needs a bit of purple! Both quilts are lovely. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

So pretty! I can't imagine sewing that entire quilt by hand - I'm so impressed!

a good yarn said...

Only two years?! I can take five years. Very lovely quilts indeed - so bright and fresh.

Goofin' Off Around the Block said...

Bright, beautiful quilts you have there. I especially love the RSC quilt. What a fantastic way to use the scraps. I just may have to join the RSC for 2018. And two years isn't too long to take to finish a quilt. Don't ask how I know. Happy sewing! Andrea