Sunday, October 22, 2017

Slow Sunday....

Not! I get to do the drive to Grandma's today with the kiddos. I also pulled a turkey out of the freezer yesterday... and will finish the defrosting with the cold water bath later this morning before popping him in the oven to roast this afternoon. Lots of turkey meals this week -and the rest in the freezer for easy meals while I am gone in a few weeks.

I think it will be time to play with the printer and Inklingo again today. I finished up the last of the lemoyne stars I had prepped ages ago. Time to prep a few more... these finish at 4.5 inches and are from the free diamond set from Inklingo.



and while there I will print out some of my new hexagon shapes in a white dot print to finish the edges of the spring hexagon flower quilt.


If I have time, I might even try and make my vines for the border of the midget appliqué quilt. I am trying to think of a good take with me project (or three!) for my business trip to Vermont in a couple of weeks. Lots of plane time and evenings in the hotel room to hand stitch.


What will you be hand stitching today? Linking up with the slow stitchers over at Kathy's Quilts.

11 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Quite a selection to choose from! :) I cooked a split breast not too long ago and froze some...just thawed it out yesterday to make some turkey-rice soup .

Ellen said...

They are all such pretty quilts - too hard to choose which one!

I am thinking turkey stew, turkey pot pie, turkey soup, hot turkey sandwiches. We just had our Thanksgiving and those frozen leftovers just keep giving! lol

Deb said...

Love your Lemoyne Stars, of of my favorite star patterns all of your quilts look so bright and cheery. I love cooking turkey during the year rather then waiting for the holidays.

The Joyful Quilter said...

That's a whole lot of hand stitching going on!!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Turkey time, yum! I admire those hexies, I do not have the patience for those. Visiting from Slow Sunday Stitching.

Sarah said...

Fantastic projects going on! Enjoy your turkey!

Laura said...

Great projects! I am partial to those Lemoyne Stars!

CathieJ said...

I am roasting a chicken today so that we will have dinner tomorrow as well as today. I love your pretty quilt projects.

Quilter Kathy said...

You're going to Vermont... staying in a hotel by yourself?!?!
So much stitching time to fill!!!
Wish I was coming with you!

a good yarn said...

You always have terrific projects on the go Deb.

canuckquilter said...

So many pretty projects, as always. I don't think I had seen the midget blocks all sashed together. It is going to be a darling quilt.