Sunday, October 29, 2017

Weekend Roundup....

Another busy weekend.... of course! Would you expect anything else from me?

Saturday was an early morning start with Emily and 7 other girls from our girl scout troop heading to a Wizzadry event about an hour from us in the forest.  I had 3 girls in my car.... I will enjoy quiet today in my house! The girls got sorted into houses (GIRL - go getter, innovator, risk taker, leader). Then we headed to potions class. The girls got to make a scary bubbly creation that bubbled over the huge glass container. One of my daisy's added the final touch that started the bubbling. Then they made lip balm to take home. Next was herbology - where they put together some mandrakes to grow before learning about different herbs and scents.  Spells was next- the girls picked and decorated their wands and got their acceptance letter with a butterfly surprise inside. It was outside time at the quiddich pitch after that .... with a obstacle/solving race first then a quiddich game. We hit the honeydukes store last for some butter beer and lots of scary named candies that the girls got to eat. A fun time was had by all. My 3 had some playground time....and my daughter didn't like the twirly tire ride. We had a sick girl (mine of course) on the way home but she was better after.  Grandpa A was there when we got home after dropping girls off to parents. A nice visit with him and then.... the boys started putting down the floor in Aidan's room. We did have an issue..... a nice heavy box fell and landed on the boy's big toe. After about 20 minutes of screaming and crying - he has a very bruised big toe.  At least the carpet out of the room is really helping with his allergies.

Some pumpkins got carved and pumpkin seeds got toasted in the evening. Needless to say - I was in bed early after watching a Harry Potter movie.


Sunday - it is going to be an interesting week with Aidan and his toe - with putting on socks and shoes. He seems to be walking fine and can move it - just a good bruise. They are off to Grandma's house today. They are headed to the cooter festival in Inverness today to see the turtles race. That leaves me a couple of hours to clean up the house a bit before everyone returns. A quick lunch date with hubby at Chili's (with a margarita with my fajita so no driving  errands for me today!) I'm headed to the sewing room shortly - the sewing machine doesn't count as heavy machinery..... right?  (which now has all Aidan's things from his room in there - I just had it all cleared out! ). I hope to get the spring blooms quilt into a top stage by the end of the day. I went with white..... I cut out the blue and just didn't like it. I'm thinking a bright green binding from the leaves in the bloom blocks eventually.... or maybe the light blue. I guess I will see what works when I get to that stage. Sharing this one with the RSC Challenge. The free pattern can be found here. Thank goodness I still have 2 days to make some pink bow tie blocks!


Some more Inklingo shapes will get printed. I had NO luck last Sunday. Lots of paper jams until I figured it out on Tuesday. Note to self - leave a 1/4 inch of just freezer paper on the top and right side of the paper going into the printer so it pulls through ok. After I did that - no printing issues! I need to prep a bunch for my trip next week so I have some hand work for the plane ride and evenings in the hotel.

I also hope to slow down a bit and finish the last row of the purple setting triangles on the trip quilt.  I do like how this one turned out. It will have to wait a bit for it's hand quilting.

Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching.



10 comments:

SusanfromKentucky said...

Those are both beautiful quilts! I really like the white setting triangles. What a weekend you have had. The Wizardry time sounds like a lot of fun. Why do we adults have to grow up and just supervise things like that? Hope Aiden's toe heals quickly and you get your sewing room back!!

Chris said...

My goodness! After all that you need some slow down time. Both your quilts are looking great.

canuckquilter said...

Wizardy sounds like a fun event. I feel like I missed out ! :) Your Blooms quilt is coming together nicely. Isn't it funny how we can be so sure something is going to be perfect until it starts coming together, then need to take things in a different direction after all? I didn't realize the trip quilt had gotten so big already! Looks great.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh my that poor toe, it must have hurt. Tom burned a spot on the outside of the ankle right where that bone sticks out a work as a bit of steam blew out a pipe and he happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. I like the white you chose. Will that one be hand quilted or machined?

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You have such a boring life. ( LOL / NOT! :) Sometimes your posts make my head spin and remind me of my DIL / you two would get along like a house on fire / you are both high-speed all day, every day :) XO

Hope that toe heals quickly!!

Deb A said...

We requested at sisters retreat that we get to do the fun things the girls do at camp - ride horses, archery, etc. Hopefully we can do those things next November.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow that event for the girls sounds amazing... and a lot of work to organize!
Didn't realize the purple was the last round on TATW... so exciting!

Deb said...

Love those colorful quilts

Sheila said...

Beautiful quilts! You go girl.
Sorry to hear about the toe. Bad luck.
Totally understand about the allergy issues. When we built, we didn't carpet the floors. Instead we installed smooth, easy to clean floor coverings. No cloth covered furniture. Curtains were a tight cotton. These were doctor recommendations. It worked. My three kids were able to somewhat control their allergies.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Crazy busy weekend at your house. That GS event sounded like TONS of fun!! Best of luck with the PINK sewing (and get the Bloom blocks into a quilt top, too.)