Sunday, December 10, 2017

Sunday.....

It's a chilly morning here in Florida. As the sprinklers are going off it was leaving little bits of ice on the  ground before the sun came up. Not a usual sight in north central Florida! Extra quilts on the beds last night and it was a 2 kitty neck night..... she moved to the end of the bed when the boy came in this morning to let me know it was 7AM and time to get up!


We did a kid pancake breakfast again this morning (someone was acting up yesterday and didn't get to join us). There were cinnamon sugar, chocolate syrup, chocolate chips, cherries and of course sprinkles and whipped cream! The kids and Daddy had tea with their breakfast. I stuck with my coffee. As much as I like the idea of tea... it just does not taste good to me. If I am drinking tea - you will know I have a sore throat and have lots of honey in it!

The kids will be heading off to Grandma's today. I need to pop over to Wildwood to the girl scout store and pick up some journey badges and fun patches for the girls. I need to hand them out next Monday at our Christmas party. This week we will be singing Christmas carols at a nursing home and handing out some little crafts to the residents. Shoot - I need to make sure the noses are still attached to the candy canes. We made reindeers out of candy canes with brown pipe cleaners, a pom pom nose and some googley eyes.

After I get back from the store - depending on how my foot feels (yes Mom, I overdid it with walking this week and felt something ping again on that same foot as earlier this year - I have stretched it out and it is feeling better but no walk today for me so I can rest that achilles.) I will be sitting and watching a movie with some hand quilting.

I have two options:

Finish up the little doll quilt- I have one more hoop move and that one will be done! Just will need a trim and binding to finish it off!



Or get back to the very neglected quilt frame and work on the trip quilt. I would love to actually get to the point of needing to roll this one sometime this week. This is my 90x90 trip around the world quilt with 9 30 inch blocks in different colors I made with the RSC Challenge a few years ago.



Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers this morning.

8 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Hope the foot feels better soon / enjoy stitching today on either or both projects :)

Suzanne said...

Both are great projects to do today!

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

It is always so hard to decide which project to work on when one sits down--I also have 2 right now to pick from--Breakfast sounds fun--I will take the tea--just plain green tea for me--enjoy your afternoon --
enjoy the moments, di
also a Floridian!!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

hope your foot feels better soon!

Sarah said...

Those pancakes sound delicious! I'm with you I don't like tea (and I'm English!) give me coffee every time. Take care of yourself.

Ellen said...

I feel the same way about coffee as you do about tea - I want to like it but I just can't. I do love my tea!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I would have to finish the ones that is almost done. I am a coffee drinker too but like a hot cup of afternoon tea and no ice tea for me!

The Joyful Quilter said...

I vote for the quick finish!! There's still time to get back to the Trip quilt later.