Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Tuesday... a busy day ahead.

As the wind is whipping outside I am sitting munching on an early lunch (I made more of the chicken napoleon filling and am eating it as a dip with some tortilla chips - the advantage of working from home you can clean out the fridge a bit when you need to for lunch!). The temps were to warm up to the low 70's today before plunging again into the high 50's tomorrow. I feel like I am back in Vermont with these changing temps. The kids decided to wear shorts to school - yup - it was 37 degrees when I dropped them off at 7:30 this morning but they figured by the time they went outside they would be fine for recess and PE.  Little Emily insisted she would wilt sitting outside in the car line in long pants with temps of 72! I don't know where I got her from but she is so not my kid with feelings like that! Yes Mom, they had coats on this morning.

Last night I tried a new recipe for us (I had it at one of my pampered chef parties) - Philly Cheesesteak sliders. I got to use my deep covered baker and it got a thumbs up from everyone.... and hubby said it reminded him of White Castle! He did grow up in Ohio after all! I used kings hawaiian rolls and they came out really good. Who knew you could cook hamburger in the microwave in just 7 minutes? And in that baker you can make a cake in 10 minutes in the microwave...and it comes out so yummy!

Then it was off to girl scouts where they went caroling at an assisted care facility near us. The girls (5 troops ranging from my daisy/brownies (k-3) up to senior ambassadors - high schoolers.) did a great job singing some Christmas carols, 3 of the older ones played their instruments - guitar, flute and sax and then the older ones read the night before Christmas. A great time was had by all. I am winding down the scouting this year - one last week before  I get a much needed 2 weeks off for the holidays! I will meet up with my 2 co-leaders and plan and update the schedule for the rest of the year through May over the break. There is always something going on! Watch out - cookie sales are starting! We get to start Dec 22 this year instead of January 6 where we are. Support a girl scout troop near you!

I did get a little quilting progress done and finished the hand quilting on the little doll quilt Sunday night and added a binding to it yesterday. I'll finish sewing it down in the car line today.

That will leave me with an issue - what to bring with me for the wait time tonight at the holiday concert at school? Hmmmm I guess you will have to wait and find out tomorrow!


1 comment:

Roxanne said...

That is a sweeeet doll quilt!