Sunday, January 7, 2018

Sunday....

After 10AM and the kids are finally off to Grandma's house. I guess that means I should shower and dress sometime soon? I had a splitting headache after the girl scout cookie rally yesterday so after lunch laid down and took a 2.5 hour nap. Yup  - that had me wide awake from 2-6.... so I was reading books on my kindle. I see a slow day ahead with some stitching on the binding. I got a little bit in this morning and turned the first corner before the kids left... and now I have the same sight as Friday night. A cat on me and using my hand as her pillow. Spoiled cat.

Maybe if I clean the house a bit and run the vacuum (which has her hiding under the bed) I'll be able to get a little more hand stitching in?

My alternative red dresden block needs some lines drawn for a cross hatch on the white part. I did outline the plate in the white yesterday since I took this photo. That might need to happen... since she usually lets me hand quilt with the hoop. I know, a very, very spoiled cat I have.


Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers.

9 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

has it warmed back up in Florida? hope you feel better as the day goes by

SusanfromKentucky said...

Awww, how sweet! She loves her momma. Hope your migraine is totally gone. Use to get those a LOT years ago. Thankfully, no more.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Oh I love your red plate! Nice to have a stitching buddy! Enjoy your stitching!

a good yarn said...

Too hot to sew here yesterday - 47.3C (we have no aircon). Cooler today - 42C. I'm prepared to swap some of this heat for some of that cool you folks are having.

Beth said...

She is so sweet! My dog Buddy will rarely set FOOT in my sewing room. He knows something WILL fall on his head. When I sit down in the family room in the morning with my coffee? Different story! He has discovered he is a quilt dog! Hope your migraine is history...

scraphappy said...

Enjoy your time with the cat. It sounds like you just need to have a quilt on your lap and she is with you.

Ellen said...

Your quilting looks beautiful. I hope you are better rested day and that your headache is gone.

canuckquilter said...

The quilting on your red dresden is beautiful. It's going to be a wonderful quilt. Is that the binding on the blooms quilt your cute kitty is interfering with?

Quilter Kathy said...

LOL... "she LETS me"! Too funny! That's one bossy quilt snoopervisor!