Sunday, February 25, 2018

Sunday, fun day......

Well, I survived girl scout BOLT training this weekend! I learned a lot of fun things (who knew you could make omelets in a freezer ziplock baggie in boiling water?, never try to learn knots at 9:30 at night!). I was also glad the ranger found the little rat snake in the middle sleeping portion of my cabin AFTER I had packed and got everything loaded on the wagon to go back to the cars this morning. The little green frogs in the bathroom were very cute - and I did remember to check before I sat each time =)  The shower around 11AM when I got home was lovely too! Boy was it hot and humid yesterday and it was a little toasty by the file last night. A fun time though and I can't wait to go camping with my troop next month.

At some point today (after I clean up the house a bit - just run the duster and vacuum cleaner around) I will sit with my feet up and relax with the final stitching on the border edge of the green dresden plate block.

I love how these are coming out. Do I wait to see what color March will be or select a color and prep it today?

Family is in the air in route to Florida. They should arrive to my house sometime between 6-7. I'll have burgers on the grill and potato salad and kansas cucumber salad ready for whenever they arrive. Emily is on cookie duty (crinkle cookies) and Aidan has plans to make a raspberry cheesecake when he gets home from Grandma's house for our dessert tomorrow night. I hope they enjoy the mid 80's and semi humid weather we are having.

I have also been knitting some dish cloths - a little left on this white one that peanut is guarding.

The tail end of the blue variegated and white got put into use before I could snap a photo. Some hand work lemoyne stars got done in the car line too. I really need to print out some more white parts to finish these off.


Linking up with Kathy and the other slow stitchers today..... if the kitten decides to let me up. He decided to lay down next to me - using my knee as his pillow with his paw holding my leg down. Silly kitty. I think he missed me =).

6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

I have heard of the omelet in ziplock bags but never tried it. Sounds like you had a fun(interesting) weekend

The Cozy Quilter said...

We used to make tin can dinners when I was a Girl Guide leader. Sounds like the cat is not going to let you get away again soon. Have fun stitching today

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Love those Dresdens!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I love using the knitted dish cloths also. Looking forward to the next color you'll quilt.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

(who knew you could make omelets in a freezer ziplock baggie in boiling water?, never try to learn knots at 9:30 at night!). I was also glad the ranger found the little rat snake in the middle sleeping portion of my cabin AFTER I had packed and got everything loaded on the wagon to go back to the cars this morning. The little green frogs in the bathroom were very cute

OMG !!! LOL!! I imagine that you might have missed VERMONT a bit :)

Here's hoping that your family time is free of snakes, frogs, humidity etc :) I enjoy seeing your Dresdens progress :)

Quilter Kathy said...

An adorable photo of Peanut with your knitting... gave me an idea for the slow stitching challenge!