Wednesday, March 21, 2018

Hand work to help your brain?

 I found a couple of links today that indicate keeping your hands busy actually makes you happier! I have always called my hand work or sewing projects my 'stress relief'.  I really think I need to be sent to my sewing room more often than I go in there!

Good thing I usually have some sort of hand work project ready to go out the door with me - quilting, hand piecing, knitting or crochet.

You can read about the study here.

So - go pick up something to keep your hands busy and see the stress leave and relaxation begin!

My car line progress yesterday. That dark brown one really is orange and does not show that shade in person,

7 comments:

Julierose said...

Oooh just love those peachy colors in this plate--so pretty and spring-ey--freezing rain here right now--not exactly Spring for sure!! Brrrr hugs, Julierose

Chris said...

Picking up something sweet and putting it in your mouth works too.

Ray and Jeanne said...

I've read studies like this before and I believe there is truth in them. I know I'm much happier when I'm stitching or knitting. Hopefully my mind is too! ~Jeanne

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Hand to eye to brain! I have always had a difficult time to just sit and watch the TV without hand work. Now if reading a book...I cannot have any noise in the area! Great post! Love the color!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Another pretty Dresden ! Love the colors

canuckquilter said...

I just love your dresdens.

allthingzsewn said...

How many of these until you are finished. This is going to bee a lovely quilt and I'm anxious to see the finish.
Which is why I don't make large quilts. I just admire other's.