Wednesday, May 16, 2018

A Heart A Day in May - Half way point!

We are technically half way through the month of May. I hope the hearts are coming along nicely for everyone. We should have about 16 of our 31 hearts done today. I figured it was a good time to lay mine out and see how they are coming along. I have 17 hearts... since I did that practice one in April. It works though - I need 32 hearts for this layout (7x9) and 31 connector nine patch blocks. Guess I need to make a bunch more of those nine patch blocks!

I have also been cutting the white backing from mine and making a bonus heart onto a 5 inch square. These are coming out nice and colorful! 13 of 16 are done.



6 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

half way! good for you bet you are glad unless you are still enjoying making hearts

Ray and Jeanne said...

This is going to be a very pretty, bright, cheery quilt! ~Jeanne

Deb A said...

I'm still good with hearts. I did oodles of peels one year and then lots of fleur de lis for the 1857 quilt border. Takes a lot for me to get bored... and these are all different fabrics so it is fun. I was getting sick of the same purple fleur de lis..... which still needs to get the blocks all sewn together!

Deb A said...

thank you!

Needled Mom said...

Those look so pretty - both versions!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

coming along very nicely :) You are such a busy and involved mama with your kids it always amazes me what you manage to accomplish in regards to your quilting projects as well :)