Wednesday, May 23, 2018

Hands2Help 2018 Finish

In the nick of time (did I mention I am a master of procrastination?) I got my scrappy churn dash quilt finished and now washed and ready to mail off to Little Lambs Foundation for Kids this week.
Just in time for the link up at Confessions of a Fabric Addict! The Scrappy churn dash finished off at 50x60 with a snuggly light blue flannel checked backing and a medium blue binding.


In going through some little quilts I had in my hope chest.. I think these will also be sent along to make some little one smile.

This one was a fun panel of the alphabet animals that was finished off with a teal backing and black dot binding. The quilting was a fun swirl and loops with stars around the blocks.

This was a triangle pack I had from ages ago and finally finished it off and got it into a quilt last year. It has been sitting waiting and I think this is the correct home for it. It has a yellow and blue flowery print on the back - good for snuggling.

Head on over and see all the wonderful quilts that were made and donated this year to various charities. Thanks so much to Sarah for hosting this fun event. I look forward to next year..... I still have a stack of churn dashes waiting to make it into a quilt!

I also did a heart today... for my one heart a day in the month of may challenge. Yesterday's post had all my hearts so far this month.



This morning was busy at the kids school for their end of year awards ceremony. Both grades were this morning at 8 and 9:15 so we were at school for a couple of hours. Grandma, their Dad and I all attended and it was  a full house for both classes. Hard to believe they are off for the summer as of Tomorrow a little after Noon! At least this year they only have the last day as a half day of school ..... instead of the whole last week like they did last year.
Emily in her pink dress got AB honor roll and the Math award for her class.

Aidan got All A honor roll, Award of Excellence and a pin, Writing and Art awards for his class.

I'm off to mail off the box of quilts and then pick up some breakfast goodie to send into Emily's class tomorrow. They are having brunch all morning in her class.

6 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

Some child will love each of those quilts! They are perfect! ~Jeanne

Chris said...

I love the idea of brunch all morning.

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

lucky kids - you have some good quilts there

Sarah Craig said...

I love these quilts! They are all so bright and cheerful! Nice work!

BunkHouseQuilts said...

Very nice quilts for H2H!!

JanineMarie said...

What a neat set of quilts! Some kids will be very happy that you chose to share these with them this year.