Tuesday, July 7, 2026

Hand work progress

I did make some progress on the cross stitch. 


Someone was happy I was home last night. 


Emily did a little crochet on the balcony and was working on this kit.


I added a row or two here and there on this griddle stitch crochet blanket. More than a row or two had my hand cramping up, so I limited the stitching to a couple rows a day. I got the yarn from Walmart in Vermont when I was up at my parents, and the crochet hook was found in my Mom's button and things tin. I'll have to return it the next time I am up there. Dad is still with us but is towards the end. My dilemma, I've got a nice head cold from the trip. Don't want to spread that to them.  A college visit today with Em, Mammogram Saturday and next week Thurs-Saturday in Nashville with Em for another college visit. I've also not worked, other than a few hours before Alaska in over a month. My siblings have their hands full with care and have a company helping out to be there when they are unable as well. One is flying up again Wednesday for a week as well. I'll chat with my sister today and see what she thinks. I might be flying out again tomorrow, but we will see.


 

2 comments:

  1. it is very hard to take part of caring for the terminally ill when you do not live there. People taking turns and then feeling guilty if you feel like you don't have the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry to hear about your dad, Deb. It's hard not to be there, but it's a busy time in your life, too. The college visits are an exciting time for Em, I bet. I am sure Bear is very happy to have you home to snuggle with, too. Love seeing your progress on that pretty cross-stitch!

    ReplyDelete