Long time no post. Just not getting much done.
I did get the right wheel all outlined and moved back to the other ones.
Sunday I did a cookie decorating and other class. The other part was this cute pottery bowl I painted and glazed. It was a sushi theme. I did sign up for the Halloween one next month as well. Halloween type cookies and a wooden skeleton is the second half of the class.
Monday - was our 20th anniversary. We went out to dinner.
This is a BeautyBerry bush in my back yard. I decided to pick some today and make a jam. Emily tried a few years ago, but it didn't set. I used this recipe to make the jam. I had an extra 1 cup of the juice leftover.... so just added some lemon juice and sugar and boiled it up and popped it into a jar in the fridge. A concentrate or syrup, we will see.
The bushes.
in the water bath canner.
The extra made into a syrup.
6 jars canned and a baby jar in the fridge.
The boy is coming home this weekend. His second time home but the first time I get to see him since we dropped him to college last month. I was in Vermont when he was home over Labor Day weekend. Emiy has a Marching Band Competition on Saturday near Tampa. I'm going to stay home and spend time with my boy!






Happy Anniversary! I've never heard of Beautyberries so I had to do a little research. Enjoy the weekend with your son!
ReplyDeleteI was missing you! I used to make all kinds of jams and jelly--long time ago!!Yours looks so pretty--I used to win blue ribbons on my wild mint jelly--it was a pretty green--oh--those good ole days!! Stitching is looking good--you have had alot of changes in your life the last few months--a parent dying, another parent still needing some help--a son moving to college and a daughter in her last year --before college--so be good to yourself--hugs, di
ReplyDeleteHappy Anniversary to you both;))) So nice you'll get to see Aidan...
ReplyDeleteWe are expecting a Nor'Easter here with pretty high winds expected...
Hoping for the best hugs, Julierose
Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed dinner out! Those cookie decorating and craft classes always look like fun. I've never heard of beauty berries, but do hope your jam turned out tasty. Have fun with your boy coming home!
ReplyDeletemy daughter does that with beauty berries I have never used them they are so tiny to pick!
ReplyDelete