Monday, August 10, 2026

Monday

 First day of senior year! She left a bit before 7am.

The bridge she normally takes to school is closed for a year. FDOT  is removing it (hit 3 times by a raised dump truck bed in 18 months) and replacing it. 


We dropped Bear to the vet for a procedure. He has a cancerous area on his ear. We will see if it shrinks over the next 4 weeks. He is sleeping.  Poor guy.


A little progress on this yesterday.  I tried weeding the overgrown garden Sunday, but turned wrong a really messed up my back. Heat and Advil allowed me to be able to move after a few hours.  Very slow moving today but better. Must work on strengthening my core after this heals, I guess.



Started watching Best Medicine on Netflix last night. Pretty good through 3 episodes.


4 comments:

  1. I decided to wait until fall to do anything more with my garden other than picking the last tomatoes when they ripen - it will be between 98-102 the news said from today through the 23 - I think that means I give up on the garden too. I will pick everything when it looks like I'm going to need to water - I would need to water every day once it gets like that

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW senior year already!! Time move on so quickly...
    Poor Bear--it's hard to see dogs so uncomfortable...hope he can sleep it off...and that it will shrink...
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish Miss E. a wonderful school year and poor Bear a speedy recovery. Your stitch is looking fabulous, Deb. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope Emily has a great senior year! But poor you and Bear - both injured. That is no fun. Hope your back is better soon! Have you ever watched Doc Martin? It's a British show, and Best Medicine is a remake of it set in the US. Doc Martin is so much better - if you can find it on one of your streaming services, I really recommend it!

    ReplyDelete