Monday, November 23, 2015

Design..... pantry?

Well, after a frustrating Saturday when I opened the Christmas boxes on the back porch and found lots of things crawling in there......it lead to some research. Turns out a bag of bird seed went bad and some pantry moths moved in......and since we have the cat door they migrated into the house. We had little moths that we could not figure out what they were or where they came from but they were mostly in the kitchen, in the pantry. Today instead of cleaning the house up for company Thursday I took everything out of the pantry and cleaned, cleaned, cleaned and vacuumed up the few little buggers that were left in the crevices where the wall and ceiling meet. Greg hit them with the vacuum the last couple of weeks and they are getting lots fewer but there is a life cycle and I want them gone. Most of the things in the pantry are sealed (love my glass jars and tupperware!) and were safe. A couple of things from Greg's Atkins days got hit and it was time to toss them anyway. Three bags of garbage later and lots of boxes into the recycle bin.



The good news..... I have a clean and reorganized pantry! Hopefully me moving things around in there doesn't drive me too nuts. I already realized I moved the baking things one shelf up.... which the kiddo's can not reach anymore. Might have to swap things so they can reach them again.

Now to add the last few things back in and I'm calling it a day. The rest of the kitchen and house will get cleaned tomorrow. So much for sewing.......

Now to finish prepping the crafts for girl scouts tonight and then I think I'm going to relax for a few minutes before starting dinner - Chicken marsala with rice and whatever veggie the kids select out of the freezer. I'll add a salad and dinner is done.


6 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh i have had those kinds of moths--cleaned my whole kitchen cupboards and put everything i could save into glass or plastic and sealed them...so far so good...what a pain!! Like you needed to add this to your Holiday chores...hugs, Julierose

scraphappy said...

Well that was an unintended detour. Hope it is taken care of. Bugs are always a bit of an issue in Florida. Keeping them gone it tough.

Angie said...

I can totally relate to your cleaning binge. Staying ahead of bugs and critters is a constant battle! I'm the queen of Tupperware and Lock & Lock!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh ugh !! hope the little buggers are all gone now for good!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

oh ugh !! hope the little buggers are all gone now for good!

Ray and Jeanne said...

Oh no! I hope you got every last one of those moths - such a pain. Glad that is behind you but NOT a fun way to spend the day. ~Jeanne