Sunday, November 22, 2015

Slow Down Sunday..... with a touch of rain.

Kathy reminds us each week to slow down, relax and enjoy some slow stitching. I get to work a short day today at the store so I'll be sure to bring some stitching with me just in case..... rain tends to make for slow customer counts. I think the Aqua trip block will come with me and maybe a round or two will be added on today at work.


Tonight - lows in the 40's so I'll be snuggling under Hugs and Kisses and working to turn that third corner of the first border tonight.
Hugs and Kisses - third border almost done!

Emily decided to make a scarf this morning.
Mom - I think I'll finally pick some swiss chard tonight and have some with the calzones for dinner =). I added a scallion from the garden to my salad yesterday. Don't worry, I'll plant another row of chard and beets this week and next month so you can enjoy some in March when you come down =)

6 comments:

Jennifer said...

Your Aqua trip block is so pretty with all the different blue fabric.

scraphappy said...

The aqua blending into blue is a pretty combination. Hope that Emily's scarf gets done. Looks like fun.

Monica said...

Your aqua trip block is so pretty -- real Florida colours! I am impressed that you are stitching it by hand. I hope you had a productive day!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Your aqua block looks wonderful. Reminds me of the color of the water in the carribbean. Emily looks like she is really concentrating looks like she loves knitting.

canuckquilter said...

Very nice progress on both projects. I'm about halway through the inner border of my quilt - let's just say my traget finish date is a moving target at this point!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, cold in your neck of the woods, too. Perfect weather for snuggling under a quilt while hand quilting. Emily definitely takes her knitting very seriously, doesn't she? ;-)