Sunday, November 8, 2015

Slow Stitching Sunday.....

I finally got some quality sewing time in yesterday afternoon! It felt so good to sew with the machine.  I got my two lime green sampler stars done and started assembling my alternate blocks.


Then to round off the evening.... I got some hand quilting in on my Hugs and Kisses quilt while Greg went to pick up Aidan from Grandma. Emily has a sleepover and will be returned this afternoon. Then we'll use some of my birthday $ to go to Yamata's with the kids - it is a Japanese steak house with the habichi grill. The kids love going there (me too!) and watching the show the chef's put on for us.

I also got a little hand stitching in this morning while the boys were busy making my birthday cake (it was last Wednesday). A devils food cake made into a cat using round cake pans..... and hopefully not a snake like the snickering little boy thought would be funny. I don't like snakes! There was a black one in the driveway when I was dropping the kids to Grandma yesterday morning.....yes, I backed up the car and called her to let her know. She came out and shooed it away. =)
This was my helper this morning while the boys were cooking breakfast. I hear our orders are up so must go let Aidan serve us our breakfast - sausage, pancakes and eggs with coffee. Just what I ordered!

Hope you get some time to enjoy a little slow stitching and relax today. I'm linking up with the other Slow Stitchers at Kathy's Quilts. Head on over and enjoy the link show.


14 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Your breakfast sure sounds a lot better than mine this morning. Especially considering that you didn't have to cook it. I love your sampler stars with that alternate layout ... am I forgetting that's what you were going to do with them? (Not surprising as my rememberer just isn't what it used to be.) I can't wait to see that quilt finished - it'll be gorgeous.

Quilter Kathy said...

Oh my... you are having the perfect day... some hand quilting and breakfast served!
Love the quilting pattern on the border!
Thanks for linking up to Slow Sunday Stitching.

LA Paylor said...

oh your littlest supervisor is so cute. LeeAnna

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Cute supervisor there! :) Lovely projects and my grandkids love the hibachi steakhouse too...I think we were there for Mother's Day or something and the chef put on quite the show for them.

Val's Quilting Studio said...

I've never hand quilted....but love the looks of it. Happy Happy belated bday...enjoy your continued stitiching:)

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on finishing the last sampler block. The connecting blocks really put it all together! Enjoy your hand stitching. Always a nice way to enjoy Sunday.

Deb A said...

I think Greg and I went this summer but it was April before that for Emily's birthday with all of us. Yes, I do have some cute supervisors to 'help' with my quilting.

CathieJ said...

Your kitty helper does not look happy. Happy belated birthday. It is so nice to be treated to breakfast by our loved ones. You have some pretty projects in the works.

VivJM said...

Devil's food cake sounds yummy - could you smell it baking while you were stitching?
Happy birthday for last Wednesday x
Your sampler is looking great.

gayle said...

I think the cat was thinking about how unfair life is that a quilt was taking up valuable lap space that should be available for cat use only...

Nell's Quilts said...

Happy birthday. What fun seeing the RSC quilt come together with the sampler blocks. Breakfast, dinner out - lovely surprises.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hope you had a VERY happy birthday!!!

Magpie Sue said...

What a lovely way to spend your day! Pretty green blocks too!

Sheila said...

Happy Birthday. Love seeing how your quilt is coming together.