Saturday, November 28, 2015

Weekend post...

I have been enjoying a bunch of hand work the last few days.
I added a few rounds to the aqua trip block - mostly yesterday on the back porch while watching the kids with their play date. One little girl went home for a nap but her brother stayed to play for the afternoon. Lots of running around outside - trips on the playhouse as a boat (watch out for the whale!) and hikes through the back woods as settlers to the new world. Time to prep more squares for this - 28,24,20, etc down to 4 to finish this last block off. I do wonder if on this last one I'll actually remember not to sew on those corner white triangles? I've only remembered twice the whole year!

Last night I added another 1.5 hours of hand quilting on Hugs and Kisses and have the fist border completed. Now the challenge - hand quilting that last edge. I got the blue peel quilted inside and out and started the orange before I decided to stop for the night.

When I need a change of pace - I have a little binding to add onto the twinkle star quilt that I machine quilted earlier this week with a wiggle stitch. This little guy is 40x40.

For the sewing machine..... I plan to add a few alternate blocks and maybe start sewing my blocks into rows. I have most of my parts sewn together - just need to finish the red four patches and cut some more 4.5 inch squares. I kept forgetting to change one part of 4 blocks of Angela's pattern to help my last border to connect those chains. Must find the yellow and light blue fabric to cut a few more squares for four patches. Of course... those are the alternate blocks I have already sewn up!

Linking up Saturday with the RSC Challenge and Sunday morning with Slow Sunday Stitching.
Greg has taken the kids to Grandma's so I get a little time of quiet in the house. My Daisy's are ringing the bell as part of their community service today so I'll be checking in and making sure someone is there. We have 3 hours to fill in at the end - I had Em signed up for the last hour but will try and have her do 2 and I'll cover the other hour by myself with the cadet scout. Too bad I can't bring hand work with me =). Sunday..... Greg and I will toss a coin and see who gets to work the short day. I hope I win - as he'll get the kids and I'll work before he heads to Clearwater Sunday night for a couple of days of training (recertification of CPO - certified pool operator). I'll hit the recertification at the next training session usually in Feb/March time frame.
Our elf has learned what the kids want for Christmas this year and I'm sure he has reported that back to the big Boss. Emily wants a police rescue helicopter to round out her rescue team (fire trucks, ambulance, police cars). Aidan wants a blue sewing machine. So nice the kids only really ask for one thing from Santa instead of the big lists I've heard other kids ask for.
Ok - must go shower and dress so I can sew a bit before Greg gets home.

14 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You have gotten a lot done this week and a whole lot more on your plate ! :)

Deb A said...

Yes, but I really don't have deadlines other than in my head!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a busy, but productive week!! Nice work.

Katie Z. said...

I've been grateful my kids don't ask for much either. Last year, my MiL asked for the kids lists, and we couldn't come up with one!

LA Paylor said...

helicopter!!!
the quilts are lovely and make me want to make them.

scraphappy said...

Great progress! You will have those alternate blocks whipped up before you know it. Sounds like you have great plans for the border

Kathy S. said...

Your twinkle stark quilt is so cute!

Ray and Jeanne said...

You go girl! Can't believe how much you've accomplished! Wonderful to hear about kids without massive Christmas lists. Enjoy the rest of the weekend. ~Jeanne

PaulaB quilts said...

Love your twinkles and gave you credit on my blog for inspiring me. Thanks a lot!

Dasha said...

Lovely lot of things you have worked on. Love how your twinklers have turned out.

Kate said...

Lots of great stitching this week. Your Twinkle Star quilt turned out beautifully and your RSC sampler is looking great.

The Cozy Quilter said...

You have been busy! Love the rainbow quilt.

Ellen said...

You have so many great projects on the go - busy, busy!

Sheila said...

I absolutely love your little star quilt. I've got to make one next year during the RSC.