After the computer issues of last week... I had to get my inklingo back so I could print some more. Got that done and then printed off lots of squares and triangles this morning. I also remembered to write the size and what it was on the freezer paper and put it on top of the printer with a sticky noting the page number I used for each. That really does help the next time you go to print things out!
Here is a shot of the completed and in process stars with their little baggie of prepped pieces. I just need to cut out the rest of the diamonds sometime before Friday's car trip. So nice to have things all prepped and ready for when you have a few minutes to stitch.
While I was out on the inklingo site... I took a look at the hexagons. I think the 1 inch pattern is close enough to my existing hexagons I was making a few years ago the old fashioned way (template made and traced and cut out by hand). I got sick of marking them... and my template plastic got cut so I seem to have stopped. I need to add my black surround and start stitching them together and I think inklingo is going to be the answer to the solution of getting that project moving again next year. If you have never been over there - click on the link above and check it out. I will warn you, it becomes addicting when the prep work becomes really easy with your standard printer, washed fabric, an iron and some freezer paper. Yes, it is that easy! Hopefully these 160 flowers will someday turn into a quilt. I have fond memories of making these with the RSC Challenge a few years ago - once color a month and boy did they add up quickly.
It is election day here in the USA. I encourage you to go out and vote and have your voice heard. I voted this morning right after dropping the kids off to school.