Yesterday I got the last 8 blocks created for the scrappy log cabin before the head ache hit. That did me in for the rest of the afternoon and evening. Today I ran to the store quickly then headed into the sewing room. This got pieced into a top - it is 48x60 for a nice lap size quilt.
I had planned to sew the 1857 top together this weekend... but since I had scraps out and saw the 4 crayon blocks I had made back in April... I made a few more (8!) and sewed them together with sashing and cornerstones. This one is about 44x 58 for another lap size quilt. The pattern for this one is over at Quiltville.com by Bonnie Hunter called Crayon box under the free pattern tab. Would you believe I still have 2+ bins full to overflowing of scraps after these two were done! More quilts to make I guess. I did pull a bunch of orange scraps out (and used a bunch in this quilt) so I have a pile to work with this week for the RSC Challenge.
Time to sit back and hand stitch some lime green onto the trip around the world before the kids arrive home. Ribs are all cooked and ready for dinner, just need to make up some coleslaw to go with it. Good thing Greg grilled them this morning - we are getting a nice soaking rainstorm for the next little bit. Time to enjoy the sound of the rain while pulling some thread through the fabric.