Thursday, June 30, 2011

End of June....

Which means the car had to be inspected today.... it is now all set for another year.... 4 hours after we got to the mechanic. Thank goodness they had a van I could use so I could take the kids somewhere else for a few hours. We swapped the car seats (note to self, remove them and vacuum under those things.... lots of snacks on the seats) and I took them to the gym so I got a workout and a break and they got to play with the other kids, then grabbed some subs and took them to a local school playground for a picnic and to play until the car was ready. They went up for naps a good 1.5 hours later than normal so who know's when they will wake up.
I've been working on my yellow and blue blocks and have 30 completed. I was planning to start working on the last 18 this afternoon but the above car work changed my plans a bit. I'll try to get them done by the end of the weekend and put them together into a top. Let's hope I'll be showing a completed top in the next post. That will make 3 tops completed that I really need to create some backing for and get all pinned for machine quilting. I'd really like to get the pinning process done while I have my nice island in the kitchen to do that on. It is the perfect height and using the Sharon Schamber method of rolling the top and backing onto the boards makes the pinning process really quick. Keeping the house 'neat' while it is on the market for sale is really cutting into my sewing time. I am so looking forward to getting into the new house though... my own sewing area where I can work in my 'mess' to my hearts content and having the kids play room right next to it so they can be playing a bit while Mommy does a little sewing each day.
I'd better go get dinner ready to go and then I think I'll pull out the yellow and blue fabrics and start on those blocks.
Have a safe and happy holiday weekend.

No comments: