Thursday, July 7, 2011

Red white and blue.....scraps.

I picked through the bucket and found a little bit of red and some maroon but I put that back.

For the scrap happy month of July, the patriotic colors were chosen. I am thinking of making some blocks with red, white and blue and putting them together with some leftover stars from January and maybe making a QOV quilt. We'll see if I have enough red to pull this off. I may have to go get a couple of fat quarters..... or move things around in the closet so I can 'find' the rest of my red fabrics hiding in with the pinks and maroon.

This is what I have come up with so far.....



Still haven't pinned the quilts for quilting. I really must get one pinned today.... lets hope the kids nap today... as they were wide awake before 5AM this morning for some reason.

I have been the treasurer for our local programmers group here in Vermont for at least the last 7 or 8 years. I have decided to step down this year as I have not worked in the field for the last 3 years while I have been concentrating on being a SAHM. My brother has decided to step up and take over for me (thanks David!.... now I don't need to write all the instructions up as well right?, cause you can just call me with questions??) A couple of weeks ago I received a nice card in the mail signed by all the officers of VTMUG and some from our NH group which we do a joint meeting with every year in June. I also got this nice e-mail with a gift certificate to Mad River Quilting in Waitsfield, VT. I am looking forward to the drive down there to pick out some fabrics for a special quilt for me with this nice gift. I'd like to offer a big thank you to everyone I have worked with in the group. I have enjoyed my time with all of you and wish you the best of luck with the future of the group and the fall conferences. Lets hope our conference numbers are up and the conference runs smoothly again this year.

Time to pack up the kids into the car and head to the gym for my morning reading... I mean workout. They love the day care there and I love the 1.5 hours of 'me' time to read from my kindle and get a bit of a workout. I think a Costco trip is in the picture for after.... something about being out of milk and the milk loving girl will not be happy with that if she finds out.
Have a great quilty day everyone.

No comments: