Monday, July 25, 2011
Something quilted and almost done!!!
Sunday, while everyone napped I decided to try quilting this yellow/blue log cabin quilt again... after picking out a bunch that I had already quilted. I was getting frustrated with thread breaks with the King Tut and the Bottom Line thread combo. I had picked up a Superior Thread for the top last weekend (which is a combo that always works for me) and decided to give it a try. With the limited time I just did a meander on this quilt and then applied the blue binding to the front while Daddy got one kid up from his nap. The other woke up once the binding was finished... yup, my girl has good timing. It finally cooled down at night so I will work a bit more on finishing up the binding in the evenings after the kiddo's are put to bed. I hope to have it done with a label on by Wednesday night so I can drop it off to the library on Thursday for Story time. I am donating this one to the 'Friends of the Milton Library' for their fall raffle in November and December. It is a beautiful library that was just enlarged and remodeled and has a great kids section and story time. The librarians are all wonderful and have been great to talk to over the last 3 years. They also didn't mind me taking a baby or two there so I could have some adult conversation during the day in the freezing winter months while they cuddled a baby. I hope it raises a few dollars for them to use on the library and their programs.
I also finally finished this mug rug a few weeks ago.
This is a close up of the quilting.....
I really need to practice on feathers since that was my attempt here. Need to grab the practice piece and play a bit before attempting the pink string quilt. I've been putting my ice water on it in the afternoon's while I sew and it is great at wicking up that water from the outside of the bottle. Just one more to go and those challenge ones will be done... just a few months late.