Monday, April 14, 2014

Design Wall Monday.....

Since I missed all posts this weekend due to working, I figured I'd do a Design Floor post. I've been plugging away on the triangle quilt along and finally got the rows sewn together this morning after I was able to drop Emily to school around 9:15AM. We had some issues with paperwork and it seems her physical forms were out of date as of Friday... and I got a phone call Thursday night letting me know she could not go back until they had the proper form. I had to drive to the doctors across town on Friday and sign the paperwork so they could fax it to them. Seems they got it Friday but didn't let me know, so we had a bit of  a miscommunication this morning. I got a call around 9 that they had the form and she could come to school. That game me 1.5 hours of sewing before I had to pick her up! She was very happy to be back in school.


Now I need to sew the rows together so I can post a top this week over at The Sassy Quilter.


I decided to cut some hexie's from the leftover bits and will use the rest in some maverick stars. Eventually.


After this one is done, I really need to get back to the Kaleidoscope quilt so I can have it quilted and bound by the end of next month. Those blocks are hiding under the ironing board in the previous picture. I've been doing one at the end of each row to mix things up a bit.  I might have to quilt the log cabin first... that one is pinned and waiting for quilting. The white and blue toile print is the backing and it is waiting on the chair for a chunk of quilting time. It is a double bed size so will need a good chunk of the day to quilt on my little Viking machine. Especially if I attempt some feathers on it.

Ok - time to pick up the boy from school and then we have a swim date with some friends. G had the kids in the pool yesterday when I got home from work and the grocery store. Still a bit chilly for me but they had a good time. I'll head in once the water is in the mid 80 range.. until then, I'll watch from the ladder =).

3 comments:

Ellen said...

Busy...busy :) Sounds like you have everything under control. Your top is coming along really nicely!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I really like that triangle quilt ... those colors are so spring-like. I'm with you on waiting until the water is warm before spending any time in the pool. ;-)

Moneik said...

Sounds like you're keeping busy. The triangle quilt looks great.