Saturday, April 26, 2014

Finally Saturday!

I survived the week.... I think!
First I'll show the purple blocks for the RSC challenge. I got the last five of the 12 churn dashes done and added three sampler blocks this week. I got a couple more purple flowers made too but they did not make it into the picture. I still have a few to work through this month.


The trip to Lego Land with Aidan's class on Tuesday went great. I had 4 boys to keep track of and am happy to say there were still the same four when we got off the bus that night at school! We were there for the announcement that they ran all that day on Solar power for Earth Day. They will continue to run the imagination part on solar with Tampa electric. They had movies on during the 2 hour ride there and back. I had never seen the whole Jungle Book movie... and now I have!



Wednesday I got to work the whole day at the store with my hubby. He went to fetch the kids from Grandma and gave me a nice hour of peace and quiet at home. Thursday it was back to kid duty and I managed to sneak in a little sewing before taking them to a soccer game that evening. This picture is after the game with their snack and drink. Mr. Aidan got the soccer medal this week for doing a great job on the field. Emily got hers the first week.

Friday I had to work again and Greg was on kid duty for the day and did take them to their spring fling event at school last evening. They each got to mow part of the lawn with Daddy yesterday too. Today I get to drop the girl to Grandma and then have the boy for the day so he can attend a birthday party for a classmate this afternoon. Tomorrow it is back to work for me. I think I can sneak in a bit more sewing today.... I want to make a few more purple sampler blocks and have some leftover hst's and triangles that will be made into something! Thank goodness most of next week is still April..... so I can work on a little more purple before the next color comes out to play.

Head on over to SoScrappy and see what other purple projects were worked on this month.

Edited: Here is a link to a few more sampler blocks I worked on today.

11 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

Busy lady but it sounds like it's all fun. Good luck finishing off some more sampler blocks those last HST's and triangles.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm amazed at how much stitching you are able to get done with as busy as you are! Hoping you get a little sewing in this weekend.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

Love your blocks. I don't think I have ever watched Jungle Book now that you mention it. Two of my grandsons are big soccer players. Chase got MVP and they won the State Champion 4A in Texas, hopefully it will help him earn a scholarship for college. Sounds like you had a very busy week.

scraphappy said...

So many pretty purples. April isn't quite gone yet. Enjoy the last little bit.

Ray and Jeanne said...

Love your purple blocks! I bet the kids really enjoyed LegoLand. I know my grands ALL love Legos. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. ~Jeanne

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

a crazy busy week! I love that you had the same 4 boys at the beginning and at the end of the trip! I bet that was like herding rabbits!

Love your churn dash;s! Enjoy the last week of april

Quilter Kathy said...

You have had lots of purple fun this month!
Like Alycia I laughed about you keeping track of the 4 boys.... it's harder than you'd think!! LOL

Sheila said...

Great blocks. Congratulations to the metal winners : )

Angie said...

Such a busy week - glad to hear you had time for some sewing!

Julie in GA said...

I am loving your churn dash blocks.

Cathy Tomm said...

Great purple blocks. You are going to have a big Churn Dash quilt.