Saturday, May 7, 2016

RSC in green....

 I have only done a little hand stitching this week and there was a wee bit of green involved so I'm counting it! I added some green to these two blocks from the 1857 album quilt from sentimentalstitches.com. She just released May's blocks but you can get the ones released Jan-April in her store.  I have a purple heart and four dark purple peels to add to that second block to call it done.


My blocks so far - Jan,Feb and 2 from March.
I pulled Em from school on Tuesday and we both went to the doctors office to check on the sore throats we have both had for more than 10 days. Just a viral thing.... and mine is finally not sore this morning. Unfortunately hubby has come down with it so he'll be doing the couch and resting thing this weekend like I did all last weekend. Em is a trooper and just takes medicine and continues with her day!

Thursday was my bowling banquet - we ended up in 1st place =). Friday I helped out at field days at the school. Amazingly it was 46 degrees yesterday morning here in Florida so it was beautiful and in the high 50's to low 60's for the first two hours. Perfect weather for field days in my opinion.  It warmed up a bit into the 70's for the second set but was a beautiful day. After school we headed out to the blueberry fields and picked 10 pounds of blueberries! The kids want to make a pie so that will be on tap for later tonight or tomorrow morning. Lots are in the freezer on sheet pans ready to be put into ziplock baggies for future use. I made some blueberry muffins with some this morning and boy were they yummy. That leaves about 4 cups for eating over the next week or so. We sent some to Grandma's for Papa Andy too. He likes them with his breakfast.
Aidan and Emily before picking.

huge blueberries!

Bucket full to the top!

Emily's yield - over 3 pounds!

Today - kids are off to Grandma's with Dad. I'll be grabbing a quick shower and then logging into work for 5.5 hours today to make up the time I missed this week. Love that they are so flexible with me. Maybe if I get done before the kids arrive home I can get some sewing time in with the machine today?

Head on over to the RSC Linky party and see what other greens are popping up this weekend.

10 comments:

Kathy's A Quilter said...

Hope your whole household will all be through the nasty viral throat thing...:( The applique pieces are beautiful. And oh...those blueberries...drooling here.

Angie said...

The 1857 Album quilt is looking great so far! And yum - blueberries - worth all the work to pick them!

Kate said...

Sounds like a very busy, but productive week. Glad the sore throat is finally on the mend. Hope you get in some good stitching time.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your collection of blocks is simply lovely, so delicate and fresh. I envy you those blueberries so early. Ours don't come until August. Enjoy them every which way.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Fresh picked blueberries are THE best! Yum! I love how you changed up your blog look for the color of the month. Have you been doing that each month, and It just took me awhile to notice?!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Sounds like a good week (if you discount the "throat thing.") Hope you are feeling better and get lots of sewing done this weekend!!

Cathy said...

Wow, that is turning into such a lovely quilt! Keep on going! Sorry to hear about the sore throats, but at least most of you are over it. Local blueberries to pick? How fun for the kids to make that kind of memory. Such a fun blog post!

Julierose said...

Sorry to hear you've been all ill; this hot/cold weather is not good!! I like your blocks--so pretty with the purple and greens...hope you feel better soon hugs, Julierose

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You guys have really had a tough time with that cold ; I recall it going into your ear last week. I hope it leaves for good soon! Oh do those blueberries ever look like good medicine! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

You guys have really had a tough time with that cold ; I recall it going into your ear last week. I hope it leaves for good soon! Oh do those blueberries ever look like good medicine! :)