Friday, May 27, 2016

RSC Last Green Saturday....

I got some much needed sewing time in last Saturday and managed to get my 18 geese cut and sewn for the row along.
I also added 17 BITA blocks to the pile in forest greens. I still have 16 to make in light and bright greens... that may happen this weekend or maybe we'll have another month with some green in it =)


Linking up with the RSC Challenge on Saturday and Oh Scrap on Sunday.

The kids are officially out of school and will be 2nd and 3rd graders on August 10 when they go back to school.  Yes..... I am already counting the days =) My working from home life (computer programming) got extended through the end of August.... that will be interesting to see how the kids do this summer. Right now I work 20 hours over four mornings while they are in school. I have them scheduled for a couple of camps in June and will bring them to Vermont for a week or two in July.  I guess we'll figure that one out as we go!

I had 1 cup of buttermilk leftover from waffles last weekend. Since I have lots of veggies in the house for the weekend and thanks to the guinea pigs eating them I keep a good stock. I figured I'd make a homemade ranch dressing. I found this one here and added the parsley, chives, scallions and garlic from my garden. So yummy!



12 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Yummy greens! I haven't sewn any green yet this week, so I'm digging in today.

scraphappy said...

Your greens look wonderful! Not to worry, there are other shades of green that might come up later.

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Love your geese ... and of course, your BITA! I'm already planning my next quilting project and had thought I'd make a cake stand quilt, but then I saw your BITA. Oh my, now I have to make a decision!

LA Paylor said...

lots of green here. Kind of sad to see green go...

Katie Z. said...

You can do it, super Mom!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray! for sewing time. Good luck with working around the kids' schedules over the summer. Should be an interesting challenge!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Love those Birds in the Air blocks! They are so pretty in green!

Karen said...

I love your birds in the air blocks. Do you think I will ever find time to make them?

Vicki said...

Fabulous blocks!!

Mystic Quilter said...

Love those Birds in the Air blocks!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Lovely green blocks. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Your birds in the air blocks are gorgeous.