Sunday, May 8, 2016

Slow Stitching Sunday..... Mothers Day



Just want to wish my Mom Arlene a very Happy Mothers Day. How you managed to raise 5 kids and stay sane I'll never know =) The photo bomb in the back is my niece Kristin... who graduated Friday from Northeastern with a BS in Rehabilitation Science (PT). Congrats Kristin. Also a shout out to my sister Terri and her hubby Bob who are celebrating their 17th Wedding anniversary today.

Yesterday I did mark my squares for the next trip round and will probably add a few at some point today. I did no hand work last night...so I still have one heart and 4 peels to add to this last block I have prepped for the 1857 quilt. Emily is clearing off the back porch (how does it get so cluttered so quickly?) so we can have lunch with Grandma out there today. I'll also be able to relax on my glider with some hand work later today.



Linking up with Kathy's Quilts today for the weekly slow stitching link party.
I'm off to pick up and clean the house... which I did not do yesterday. Hmm I also need to make a blueberry pie with the blueberries we picked on Friday. I can't wait to taste that one this afternoon.

I got a bag breakfast in bed from Ms. Emily today - banana nut muffins and a coffee =). It must be a first grade thing as Aidan did that last year. The kids have been doing art in school this year and the teacher posts it to Artstonia. Well, that has offered to put the photo's onto things. Grandma has gotten the kids mugs with their artwork for christmas and t-shirts for Easter. Well...... Greg ordered each of their artwork onto fabric! There are 15 of them so far on a nice rectangle of fabric. At the bottom it say's either Artwork by Aidan or Artwork by Emily. I think they will make a great quilt for the kids!

2 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Wow, how neat will that be to have a quilt featuring each of the kiddos' artwork? I look forward to seeing those quilts.

Sherrie said...

Hi,
Love the blocks, they are very pretty. Thanks for stopping by my place. Have a great day!