Wednesday, January 4, 2017

17 for 2017 in January....

I think I am going to concentrate on finishing the scrapbook quilt that is a top and waiting to be quilted. I made this fun quilt a few years ago to test out a pattern by Joanne over at canuckquilter.com  I chose to use my blue and green scraps and then made that fun border in blue. Excuse the Christmas mess, that last tree should come down tonight.


 I really like how this one turned out and it would work well with any 10 inch block. I can't wait for the weekend when I can get this pinned for quilting... hopefully starting on Sunday while the kiddo's are with Grandma.

I'll also be moving along my 1857 Album quilt blocks. I had stalled on this project the last few months but with a couple of quick block finishes already this year I hope to get a few more tackled this month. I have 2 more prepped and 4 border ones and cut the fabrics needed for back basting.

There.. it is in writing so let's see how well I do! Check back at the end of the month for a progress post.

4 comments:

a good yarn said...

I really like the borders on both the blocks and the quilt.

Ellen said...

Your quilt top looks fantastic - these borders are wonderful!

Calicojoan said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE that scrappy quilt. Definitely have enough scraps for it here. LOL! I'm heading over to find the pattern! Thanks for the new project idea...I think! hahahahahaha

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

This is a gorgeous quilt top ; happy basting this weekend!

Same thing here....putting one together!