Sunday, February 19, 2017

Sunday binding and appliqué......

My slow stitching last night was hand stitching a binding finish!  I started free motion quilting it last week but it was not going well.  I think the machine needs a spa day for cleaning. I pulled that all out and just did a walking foot wiggle on it Saturday. While Emily was playing with her half square triangles.... I was able to make the blue binding and press it. I quickly attached it  after baths and reading last night. Since this is a little quilt (43x33) I was able to finish the hand stitching of the binding last night.



That leaves some appliqué for today's slow stitching. I have two more blocks prepped for the 1857 quilt.

A few mice are back basted and ready for needle turn applique.


Head on over and see what others are slowly stitching today at Kathy's Slow Sunday Linky party.

8 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

Congrats on the finish!
Enjoy your mice and leaves today :)

Suzanne said...

Great projects to keep you creating this weekend...enjoy!

maggie fellow said...

I love the look of samplers - I have not tried back basteing aplique- is it good for beginners to learn?

Chopin - A Passionate Quilter said...

Like the quilt! Always feels good to finish one. Good for you.

Created by Kathi said...

Love your quilty finish from last night... sorry the fmq wasn't working for you but I like the wiggle too... enjoy your other projects today :) Kathi

Jill said...

Lots of hand stitching accomplished this weekend. A cleaned machine is a good thing.

Kaja said...

Congratulations on getting finished, even if your machine wasn't cooperating. Enjoy your peaceful applique.

a good yarn said...

That's quite a lot for slow stitching! Your quilt turned out so well and those mice are beyond cute.