Friday, March 24, 2017

Last Saturday in Red.....

My goodness, I had not done any red sewing until Friday afternoon! A big Thanks to Grandma who took the kids this morning and still has them until after dinner (they didn't have school, you know cause they were off last week and needed a day off already!).

I did manage to get 2 of my blossoms done.

I also whipped up a few.... or 9 friendship stars. I'll probably pull out some maroon over the next week and add 2 more blossoms and 3 or more friendship stars to the mix.

Sometime I'll get some bow ties prepped and sitting next to the machine for some mindless piecing and leader and enders.

The big news... I finally got my Grandmothers Choice into a top - ok, sew I added a smudge of fabric to 'fit' one side and sewed two seams together as it was in 3 parts... but hey, it is a top! I am debating calling it done or adding a border. Right now... I just want it done and off the pile so it might just get pinned and wiggle stitched this weekend with a binding added to finish it off in purple. That's the plan anyway. How is your GC quilt coming along Quilter Kathy?

Linking up to the RSC Challenge on Saturday morning.


17 comments:

Quilter Kathy said...

It's coming along well... I'm very hopeful for a March or early April finish!

a good yarn said...

That's such a lovely quilt! More red lovelies for RSC.

Ariane said...

Your red blocks look amazing. Your Grandmothers choice quilt top is beautiful. Congrats on getting it to this stage. It will look beautiful either way, with or without a border.

scraphappy said...

Congratulations on getting Grandmother's Choice done. It is beautiful. The red blossoms look great too. Funny to have another day off, but glad you got some sewing done.

Kate said...

Lots of pretty reds in your blocks. Congrats on getting Grandmother's Choice into an almost finished flimsy. Those long seams are tedious. Happy stitching this weekend.

Ivani said...

Great reds in your blocks, they look so pretty and the new top is beautiful. Congratulations Deb!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Your red blocks are so pretty! I like the various background reds you used for the friendship stars!

Mari said...

Love the blossoms!

Angie said...

Yay for a finish on your Grandmother's Choice quilt! You and Kathy are inspiring me!

Pamela Arbour said...

Love your red blocks.

PaulaB quilts said...

Your red flowers are sooo pretty. And in the bottom row of your quilt I just love the purple parasol, what a sweet,surprise.

claudia said...

I really like your blossoms. They are adorable! The friendship stars look great. Grandmother's Choice is a nice top. Can't wait to see it all finished!

maggie fellow said...

the blossoms are cute- the colors in grandmas choice are fantastic

Katie Z. said...

I love the flimsy!

gayle said...

I love those friendship stars and I'm fascinated with your blossoms - such a great block! And congrats on the flimsy - with or without border!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hooray for a completed quilt top!!! (And a fair number of RED blocks, too.)

Nell's Quilts said...

Your flimsy reminds me of the January and February colours. It's just lovely. The red flowers are striking.