Sunday, March 26, 2017

Sunday.....

Kathy reminds us each week to take time and rest and relax. This is an important reminder as we (me especially) are always go, go, go.
Here is Aidan's bulb that finally bloomed. Very pretty dutch iris.
Yesterday, the hubby was feeling under the weather so I took Aidan to bowling with Emily for her league. Then we stayed after and bowled a couple of games with another girl on her team and her Dad. It seems Emily practiced on the league and then bowled out of her tree with us - getting a 103 and 92! Aidan did well with a 105 and 114. I got over my average so was happy.

Then it was home for a visit with Papa A who comes over Saturday afternoons for his kid fix. The kids decided to jump in the pool - way too chilly for me but at 70 they got in and played.


 A little down time - Emily helped me make a spaghetti sauce to clear out the crisper for dinner. We added some meatballs and salad and called it a meal.  Then it was off to the drive in theater to see Beauty and the Beast. Great movie and the kids had fun watching the movie from the front seat of the car. They played air hockey before the movie at the arcade.

It was a late night - didn't get home until 10:40 but the kids went to bed good and slept until 8AM! Unheard of in my household. They are off to Grandma's today.

That allowed me to finally prep 4 needles and start hand quilting my trip around the world quilt that is loaded on the Gracie frame. I got 4 needles in and prepped another 4. I decided I will echo the diamonds in the trip for each block.... we will see how it goes. I can't wait to get this one finished and onto my bed - it will be  a completely hand pieced quilt when it gets done!
Linking up with the slow Sunday stitchers.

6 comments:

Ellen said...

It is always so exciting to start quilting a new quilt!

When my boys were little we used to go to the drive-in just about every weekend. I think it is the perfect way for a family to see a movie together.

Quilter Kathy said...

SO excited to see those quilting lines appear!
Have a wonderful relaxing stitchy day!

Ivani said...

Have fun!!

Kate said...

Enjoy your slow stitching today.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats, Aidan!! That Dutch Iris is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Maker Joy said...

What a wonderful weekend.

Your quilting is beautiful.