Sunday, April 23, 2017

Sunday.....

Kathy reminds us each week to slow down, breathe and relax. So far today I have felt like a sloth as I have been on the computer in the morning just browsing. The kids found a recipe for donut holes and they made the batter with little help from us adults. I did step in and turn on the fryer and did that part but they did everything else. The donut holes came out great! Recipe found here.




Then they actually went outside to play! I cleaned up the kitchen and then as they went into the pool I cut the batting and started pinning the grandmothers choice quilt that I rolled onto the boards yesterday with Emily.

Just one last section to pin and then some machine squiggle stitching later will have me stitching the binding later this evening... maybe while watching Zootopia since Kathy kindly put that movie into my head!

Next was heading out to pick blueberries. I have taken my kids to pick blueberries down here for the last few years and didn't realize how much they liked it. They are so excited it is berry picking time again =)



4-5 pounds of fresh blueberries later we headed home.


We used 4 cups of them to make a yummy blueberry pie. I made up my family's chicken sauce and Greg fired up the Big Green Egg to cook the chicken. So yummy. While that was happening I was able to finish quilting the quilt,

trim it then attach the binding to the front. After dinner the kids decided it was game night. We played a game of Sorry - which Daddy won just barely... Aidan was going to win on his next turn! Then a game of SkipBo.. which I got lucky and won. Bath time is done (reading Charlottes Web to Emily) and kids will be settled into bed for the night. I think it might be time for me to put in the Zootopia video and stitch the binding down on the Grandmothers Choice quilt.


Linking up very late to the Sunday Slow Stitchers.

6 comments:

time4stitchn said...

Blueberries! What a treat! I have never picked them. You are so lucky!

Quilter Kathy said...

You quilted the whole quilt? So fast?!?!
How can that be possible that you're already putting on the binding?!? Speedy Gonzales!!

a good yarn said...

And that's a Slow Sunday?!

Ray and Jeanne said...

No, it doesn't sound like a slow Sunday! I love blueberries - wish they were ripe here. Glad you had a productive, relaxed day. ~Jeanne

Maker Joy said...

What a wonderful way to spend the day. Your quilt is coming along nicely.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

My grandkids loved zootopia. What a fun, varied and productive day! And kids who make breakfast start that day off right :)