Friday, February 20, 2009

It's Friday!

Wow, it has been a long time since I last posted. I have not been doing any sewing really, as I no longer have a sewing room. Aidan got moved into it last Sunday and the nursery is all set up for the baby girl. I've got lots of pink stuff hanging off the edge of her crib that still needs to get washed and put away though. So, I've pretty much been doing lots of cleaning and organizing to get that room ready for him.
The only thing I have done, is make one new block for my grandmothers quilt that I am fixing and finishing up the hand work on it. I did notice that I put one unit on backwards.... so I need to rip that seam out and redo it. Then I can just sew that block in and put the binding on, then maybe do a little hand quilting over the 'repairs'. My other 'goals' to get done in the next couple of weeks.... I need to create a hanging sleeve for my black and white quilt and get that info filled out so it can be hung in our guild's show in April. One of the ladies has kindly agreed to take it early and pick it up as the show is April 4+5.. and I have a feeling I might be a little busy with a newborn baby. Other than those two.. I'd love to plug away at finishing my mystery quilt from last fall and I bought a panel that will be made into a fabric book of nursery rhymes. If I don't get to the last 2, it's not a big deal. I'll get to them later this year I hope. I'm just at the point where I have absolutely no energy to do things...but that is to be expected. I was terribly tired the last month with Aidan... and I just sat at a desk all day. Now, I'm chasing after a very active 1 year old who is walking everywhere!
Ok, need to pop downstairs and swap the laundry while he is still napping.
Have a great day!

No comments: