Monday, March 30, 2009

No baby yet... but some pics of blocks!

Well, it has been awhile since I posted. The month has gotten away from me but I have done a little sewing. I was able to get my blocks together on my mystery quilt, just need to sew the rows together then work on the pieced borders.

Here are 3 of the 5 rows for the lap quilt. I am not too happy with the green I chose but you never know with a mystery quilt. It will look very different once it is finished and I'm sure it will grow on me. Here is a picture of the finished quilt pattern:

I do like the pattern and may do another with different colors once I can get back to sewing again after the baby arrives and things settle down.

I have been doing other sewing things... I've made some more bibs for Aidan - Thomas the train and some Winnie the Pooh. I also made valances for his room in Thomas the train and some green ones for the guest room.I've also got some binding to hand sew down on another train panel to hang in Aidan's room... just need the swelling in my hands to go down so I can comfortably do that at night again! Little bits here and there!
Aidan has grown so much it's hard to believe he is almost 14 months old! He got his hair cut a few weeks ago and is now such a little boy! This was a pic of him a couple of hours ago right before he went down for a nap.

I'd better get to sewing those rows together before he wakes up.. it may be the last chance I have for a little while.
Baby is officially due tomorrow.... so we'll see when she actually decides to arrive.
Happy Quilting everyone.

No comments: