Sunday, May 22, 2011

Finishes and something pink scrappy...

I managed to finish hand quilting my little cat quilt and finished putting the binding on the day after my guild meeting last week. This is the finished quilt with the close up of some hand quilting. Not the greatest, I just did freehand x's in the sashing.


I also made more of the 9 patches and have put them all together into this quilt top. I just need to find some backing fabric in the stash and get this pinned for quilting next week. This will be a charity quilt for my quilt guild.


Since yesterday was Saturday.... and Pink is the color for the month of may... I pulled out my basket of pinks and decided to play. We did tips at our guild meeting and Bonnie E brought some from the Fons and Porter magazine and one was making string blocks using muslin as the foundation. Well, I checked out Bonnie Hunters site and saw these String X blocks and decided to play around with that. I almost decided to go completely scrappy... which I think I would have liked better... but I'll stick with the pink X... or maybe O's and make a quilt top with these.

I've made 8 so far and it has not made a dent in my little basket of pink scraps so I should have plenty to make a little lap quilt. They are easy to make and fun to do. What have you been working on this week?

No comments: