Sunday, July 31, 2016

Slow Stitching Sunday.....

Applique.... being the last day of the month I have just a little bit of stitching left on this last 1857 block for July. I have 4 circles to make and add, a little embroidery for the stems and then 4 peels. Very doable as today is just a relaxing Sunday with everyone at home.

stem and leaves are done.

berries are next.
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts. Head on over and see what other slow stitching is happening around the world.
Emily, her guinea pig flower and Sophie the cat this morning.
This was before we made an apple cinnamon coffee cake that is absolutely yummy! It came out of the oven while Grandpa A was here visiting. Just waiting on the washer to finish so I can swap to the dryer and then it is pool time! I do need to get some groceries at some point today... think we'll have steak on the grill with baked potato and salad for dinner. Nice and easy. 



5 comments:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I want to come live at your house ... for the pool and the meals! I can't wait to see that last block finished up.

Quilter Kathy said...

...and I see your beautiful quilt on the back of the sofa...love it!
I'm coming over for supper and stitching!! Don't I wish!

Karen said...

A wonderful way to spend a Sunday doing some hand applique. I will be doing the same in just a little bit.

Jennie in GA said...

A nice slow Sunday all the way around!

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

love the shot with the quilt gracing the sofa :)