Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Mid Week check in

I am really missing having a block I make on certain days - like my Tiny Tuesdays - to have something to post. I think Wednesday's might become by lemoyne star progress.... so here goes. These are my waiting in the car line project (when I am not on the phone or playing cookie jam or candy crush!)


I have three blocks completed as of the end of car line today.


I have two more as stars that just need their white added. I should have those two completed in the next two days of the car line.

I am getting faster at putting them together.... I've tried a couple of ways to add the outer parts and for me it works best to stitch on the white side rather than the colored star side.

I 'should' print out a few more today.... as tomorrow I have bowling and normally bring some hand work, then soccer free play practice tomorrow night for an hour. I think I'll just prep my 4 August 1857 blocks (or three of them at least!) and have those ready to stitch tomorrow for those two events.
I back basted this one last night and will start stitching the green down after I cut near the stitch line. We finally have the last season of NCIS on Netflix so we are working our way through that at night this week.

Or, there is always knitting. I have tossed out a few of my dish cloths in the last week so it is time to make some more. I think I have a purple double seed stitch half done in the car... from the trip over to the beach back in June. It somehow landed under the front passenger seat where I was sitting and stayed there. So nice to have options.



4 comments:

Ray and Jeanne said...

It's a good thing you enjoy handwork!!! The Lemoyne stars are looking great! Knitting will be a nice change of pace. ~Jeanne

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I love the idea of seeing your Lemoyne Stars progress on Wednesday. You're inspiring me to get back to work on my handstitching projects (bow tie and MWFG).

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How nice to see the progress on these! :)

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

How nice to see the progress on these! :)