It has been a very long week. The house is picked up and cleaned (the kids have been out of school all week and home!). They enjoyed baking with the new oven that arrived Friday afternoon. The baking yesterday left a mess in my kitchen that I got to clean up this morning along with the rest of the house. I just hope I am not prepping again later this week for another hurricane. Maria looks like she might be aiming for Florida. Time will tell.
I hit the sewing room a couple of hours ago. Surrounded by orange I had to hunt for the white I used for the spring blossom blocks. Nowhere to be found. Darn it, I know I have more somewhere. After a little time looking, I gave up and moved on. The 4 inch orange squares are all cut out to make 5 blocks and the green leaf's are cut as well. Just waiting on the white print to turn up.
I pulled the pile of orange and sorted it a bit and cut out 12 bow tie blocks (2 2.5 inch squares and 2 1.5 inch squares and another 2 2.5 inch muslin squares to make one bow tie.). Those got made and just need pressing. They are the lower left on the below photo.
While doing the above I cut 2.5 inch squares for a couple of 16 patch blocks. I also found a strip of orange and black print sewn together... so cut those into 2 inch sections to make some 4 patches and those made a smaller 16 patch block.
Linking up with Slow Sunday Stitching, Rainbow Scrap Challenge in orange and Oh Scrap.