Sunday, September 13, 2026

Sunday Stitching

 I spent way too much time on my phone yesterday instead of stitching. Today, free time will be not playing games but stitching instead!

I did add a row or two to the crochet blanket. I find if I do too many rows at a time my hand cramps, so I'll pick this one up again and work on a row a night to keep it moving.

Brimfield Awakening project changed slightly, in that I think I will work on it with the RSC. That is the thought right now anyway. I do have a bunch of colors in blues, teals and purples and greens prepped already. I need to add 3 more of the yellow peels then hook them together with the black tall houses to form a circle. These are using EPP.

Cross Stitch - the main stitching is done. Now it is the finishing outlining and there is a ton on this project. I forgot how long it takes to do that! Now that I am back home with my good lighting I hope to move this one along this week.



I found that my blog reading list was not updating correctly on my blog as of 5 days ago. I tried all the things (emptied the cache, tried a different browser, etc.). Nothing worked so I had to reset up the blog list icon. I did that this morning while watching the F1 race. I texted Aidan a few times as he is watching it at college. He did go to his first UF football game yesterday and had a great time. He is loving college life and the freedom.

I have an idea of the meals for the week as no one gave me ideas other than my Mom's spaghetti sauce from Greg. I do need to grab a few things from the store at some point - out of onions and garlic! Yikes. Thankfully I don't need much but a few veggies and some fruits other than apples. We have plenty of apples!

Last night I made chicken broth with a roaster chicken carcass, and made chicken noodle soup for them and some pinto beans with corn bread for me. I'm not a chicken noodle soup person but both of them have colds, and like it. The chickens got the things used to make the broth - they love those days!
Sunday - spaghetti sauce and salad (greg grows me lettuce!)
Monday - pork schnitzel, roasted potato and a veggie
Tuesday - shrimp scampi
Wednesday - leftovers (I have a meeting with pot luck)
Thursday - Risotto and a veggie.
Emily is late on Tues, Thurs and Friday with marching band, so she'll probably have something else as I know she dislikes both of those meals!

Now to search and find where the heck I put the leaf quilts for decorating for fall. I found a handful of them but am missing 2!






3 comments:

  1. My blog sites haven't updated for a couple or more weeks not--I just know which ones to check every day and on Sundays I check on them all--others are having a problem too--so it must be blogger!!--Your fall cross stitch is looking good--and I know what you mean about the back stitching--have a good week--hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  2. Various people on blogger have said that they are having issues so you are not alone - I don't know what all the problems are though. I'm on my phone too much lately and I have to tell myself to stop scrolling - I never used to be like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are making lovely progress on your projects, Deb. The afghan is so pretty and will be warm and cozy come winter time. I have had the same problems with blogger this week. Ugh. I hope you find your Autumn quilts. Enjoy decorating for the season. Hugs

    ReplyDelete