Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Wonderful March!

The time sure does fly by. Aidan is now 2...and I know it! Emily will be 11 months old on Sunday... where has the time gone?
I have had some progress - Mom's 'Summers at the Lake' quilt has the top finished and it is pinned and the quilting has started. I really need to get that done in the next week or so. That way I can get the binding done and the hanging sleeve attached well before my April deadline. I decided on a plain white border, then a 3 inch square block surround then a wider white border. I am just doing a meander on the middle, might do some specialty quilting on the borders... depends on how many needle breaks and thread breaks I get. I'm on needle number 3 and too many to count thread breaks and only 9 blocks (of 36) quilted. I just cleaned the machine, changed the bobbin thread to bottom line and hopefully I'll have better luck this evening.


Emily is awake - need to go get her changed and fed some lunch.

1 comment:

Moneik said...

Happy to hear you've gotten some quilting done. Your kids are growing up so fast! Try some sewers aid on the thread and you'll have less thread breakage. It really helps!