I finally started on my UFO for the month and have sets of two blocks all sewn together. The hand stitching on the back was interesting yesterday but worked fine. I think on future quilts I will use more than a 1 inch strip to connect the back. It was a little tight. I used this tutorial for this QAYG. The last two blocks are in the sewing room for a fix.
backing hand stitching the connecting strip
I also trimmed up my midget appliqué blocks to 6.5 inches and cut out a 2 inch blue sashing to start creating my rows. I hope to add lots of stitches this week to this project.
In between prepping snacking foods for Greg's birthday gathering today I plan to put a few stitches into one or both of these projects. Maybe even a few stitches will get put into the Hugs and Kisses Quilt... I turned the second corner last night! All set to start on the pink tonight after I move the hoop.