Sunday, May 1, 2016

Slow stitching Sunday......

Do you ever have an idea pop into your head and you really can't (don't want to) do anything else until you give it a try? No? Just me? Hmmmm.

I keep moving my pile of dresden plates around the sewing area lately. I made them last year with the RSC Challenge -  no background and no middle yet.  As I keep moving them I think 'you really should cut the backgrounds out and appliqué them down already!'. But... I always have something else that needs to get worked on. Well.... it is getting hot down here and I am missing hand quilting. My 90x90 trip quilt is going to wait until fall to get pinned - did I mention it is hot down here now? What about framing each of these 12 inch plates in the color of them and then hand quilting each 16 inch block? Oh, I like that idea! I guess that means I need to pick a middle color for the plates... do I make them all one color, a coordinating one or keep it all in the color shade family per block? So many decisions..... now I remember why I keep moving them around instead of doing something with them.
Until today! Well last night really. This will be my hand quilting project! This block is 16x16.



I also have this 'forever' project - I picked a black for the next round. I just need to mark the backs and then put them in their baggie with scissors, needle and thread and it is ready to take with me in the car for the pick up line this week.

For applique - I finally finished the two corner and one border block I had prepped and drew a few of the next set of blocks onto the back for back basting. Just need to add some green circles to my current one..... middle bottom. That will happen shortly.

Plenty of projects to work on depending on what type of hand work I feel like doing. Today will be a mostly resting day with hand work... my cold moved into my right ear and boy, do I know when the tylenol runs out. Hope you have a restful and relaxing Sunday.

Head on over to Kathy's Quilts and see what others are slowly working on this week.

8 comments:

Jennifer said...

You have so many pretty projects you are working on. I like having more than one going at a time so I don't get bored.

scraphappy said...

Oh, I like the way that orange border frames out your block. Perfect! Sometimes a project needs to wait for just the right inspiration.

Quilter Kathy said...

Such a wonderful variety of hand stitching projects to chose from!
Love the scrap border on the dresden!

Stephie said...

Ooh, I hope you're feeling better soon, sounds like some slow stitching is definitely in order. I love all these projects, but that purple appliqué really catches the eye, it looks so beautifully stitched too :)

canuckquilter said...

Sometimes, moving the pile around is just the thing to do. I love, love love the scrappy frame around the dresden plate. This was inspiration worth waiting for!

I hope you feel better soon. Enjoy your hand stitching while you recover.

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

Love that bright orange dresden / so much going on...love all of your projects! :) Hope the ear gets better asap!!

Angie said...

Great idea for finishing the Dresdens!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I hope you can lose that cold soon! At least you've got plenty to keep you busy!