Sunday, June 18, 2017

Slow Stitching on Fathers Day...

I think I have my quilting mojo back now! I finally picked up the needle and thread on Thursday and started adding the pink inner border to my midget appliqué quilt. The last 2 pinks got added on Saturday and today... I start prepping and appliquéing some vines onto the yellow border. I think I need to make a decision on how it will look now =) So far this quilt is completely made by hand with needle and thread. The final border will be yellow - with green vines and leaves with some colorful flowers  thrown in here and there. With all the hairy thread pieces on this quilt so far, I decided to find the pinking blade and install it into one of the rotary cutters when cutting out this next border. Since this will be handled a bit hopefully that will stop the thread madness.

Midget Applique quilt. 62.5x62.5 right now. Completely hand pieced.
5.5 inch yellow borders with some vines prepped.
Yesterday was a electronic free day (ok - I did watch tv at night after the kids got to bed). No phone, no computer, no kindle. I read (with Emily), played games and stitched instead of being on the computer. Imagine that! We were helped out with a 10-12 boy scout birthday party and then a drive to Papa A's to pick him up and take him out for a Fathers Day Lunch at The Texas Roadhouse. Emily joined me on the electronic free day and she did great!

Linking up with Slow Stitching Sunday. Head on over and see what relaxing stitches are being taken this week.

Happy Fathers Day to my Dad up in Vermont. We can't wait to see you next month! Emily is counting down the days until we fly to Vermont to see you. I promise lots of putt putt Pontoon boat rides around the lake while I am up there.
My Dad with my kids at camp when they were little ones!

My Dad last summer at camp
I was pounced awake by 2 kids this morning at 6:30. Something about going to Dunkin Donuts to pick up breakfast for their Dad bright and early this morning! He was shooed back to bed when we got home at 7:15 so they could prep his coffee and bring him breakfast in bed.

Greg (hubby) with the kids recently playing Monopoly.

6 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

That is the prettiest quilt! It will be fun to see the vines on the border!

Angie said...

I had no idea the Midget Applique had another applique border. It's going to be an amazing quilt, especially since you did it all by hand! Congrats on your No Electronics Day - sounds like it was a Good Thing!

a good yarn said...

Midget appliqué is going to look fine with those extra borders. Such a pretty quilts so far. I'd like to try Dunkin Donuts.

Quilter Kathy said...

So fun to remember the days of breakfast in bed with the kids!
Your quilt is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your idea for the border!

make.share.give said...

Beautiful hand stitching and Hooray! for Texas Roadhouse!

make.share.give said...

Beautiful hand stitching and Hooray! for Texas Roadhouse!